- M.S., Computer Engineering, Utah State University, August 2013. Thesis: Designing, Optimizing, and Sustaining Heterogeneous Chip Multiprocessors to Systematically Exploit Dark Silicon [link].
- B.S., Computer Engineering, Brigham Young University–Idaho, July 2011. Graduated Summa Cum Laude (top 1%). Presidential Scholar.
Professional and Academic Work Experience
- Electronics Engineer. Hill Air Force Base. Clearfield, UT. 2013-Present.
- Graduate Research Assistant. Utah State University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. Logan, UT. Research performed with Dr. Sanghamitra Roy and Dr. Koushik Chakraborty. [BRIDGE LAB]. 2011-2013.
- Graduate Teaching Assistant. Utah State University, Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. Logan, UT. Courses: ECE 5/6460 VLSI Design Automation and ECE 5/6470 VLSI Design. 2012-2013.
- Software Intern. LabVIEW FPGA Hardware Team, National Instruments. Austin, TX. Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer. 2011.
- Lead Lab Assistant. Brigham Young University–Idaho, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Department. Rexburg, ID. 2010-2011.
- Teaching Assistant. Brigham Young University–Idaho, Computer Science and Electrical Engineering Department. Rexburg, ID. Courses: ECE 224 Intro to Digital Design, ECE 324 Computer Architecture, CS 345 Operating Systems, and ECE 440 Data Communications and Networking. 2010-2011.
- External Reviewer. ISQED 2012, ASQED 2012, ICCD 2012, TCAS 2013, and ASQED 2013.
- IEEE Student Chaper Chairman. Brigham Young University–Idaho Chapter. 2010.
- Religious Missionary. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Brazil Sao Paulo South Mission. 2007-2009. Fluent in Brazilian Portuguese.
- Jason Allred, Sanghamitra Roy, and Koushik Chakraborty. “Dark Silicon Aware Multicore Systems: Employing Design Automation with Architectural Insight.” IEEE Transactions on Very Large Scale Integration Systems (TVLSI), 2013. [link]
- Jason Allred, Sanghamitra Roy, and Koushik Chakraborty. “Long Term Sustainability of Differentially Reliable Systems in the Dark Silicon Era.” Proceedings of the 2013 IEEE International Conference on Computer Design (ICCD), 2013. [link]
- Jason Allred, Sanghamitra Roy, and Koushik Chakraborty. “Designing for Dark Silicon: A Methodological Perspective on Energy Efficient Systems.” Proceedings of the 2012 ACM International Symposium on Low Power Electronic Devices (ISLPED), 2012. [link]
- Dean Anjacas, Koushik Chakraborty, Sanghamitra Roy, and Jason Allred. “Tackling QoS-induced Aging in Exascale Systems through Agile Path Selection.” Proceedings of the 2014 International Conference on Hardware/Software Codesign and System Synthesis (CODES+ISSS), 2014. [link]
- Jason Allred. “Designing, Optimizing, and Sustaining Heterogeneous Chip Multiprocessors to Systematically Exploit Dark Silicon.” Utah State University (USU), 2013. [link]
- Outstanding Graduate Teaching Assistant of the Year Award. Electrical and Computer Engineering Department. Utah State University. (2012-2013)
- Summa Cum Laude. Brigham Young University-Idaho. (2011).
Offered PhD Fellowships
- College of Technology and Innovation Dean’s Fellowship. Arizona State University. (2013).
- Wayne Brown Graduate Fellowship. University of Utah. (2013).
- Carnegie Institute of Technology Dean’s Fellowship. Carnegie Mellon University. (2013).
- Royal E. Cabell Fellowship. Northwestern University. (2013).
- Eagle Scout. Boy Scouts of America.
- Franklin Covey Leadership Foundations. Franklin Covey. (2011). [link]
- Certified LabVIEW Associate Developer. National Instruments. (2011-2013). [link]